Mentor, Ohio- The cities annual Mentor Rocks hit a high note this weekend with national act The Gin Blossoms hitting the stage to a delight of a packed house eager for original music .
I have had the rare opportunity to see them perform before , once last month at MGM Northfield as support for Collective Soul and a few years ago as the headliner for the LOpen Charity Golf Weekend ( Rockin’ Fore The Kids .
The evening opened with singer/songwriter Diana Chittester as direct support for the band and she did a great job warming up the crowd. She performed music form her two releases ” Paradox ” and ” Find My Way Home”
The crowd was ready and so were the band , with a thunderous noise the band hit the stage and immediately started with the track ” Lost Horizons” and continued with another 90 minutes of hits and beloved songs .
Some of the set included ” Here Again ” ” Competition Smile ” and ” Until I Fall Awake” .The mega hits were played toward the end of the set including ” Hey Jealousy ” and ” Found Out About You ” ,
The band from Arizona who started in 1987 have proved to be one that has the tenacity to be a fan favorite for decades. On the ” Now That’s Time Tour 2019 ” This was treat from the city of Mentor and The Lake County Visitors Bureau ”
The band features
- Bill Leen – bass guitar (1987–1997, 2001–present)
- Jesse Valenzuela – lead vocals, rhythm and lead guitar (1987–1988); rhythm and lead guitar, backing and lead vocals (1988–1997, 2001–present)
- Robin Wilson – rhythm and lead guitar, backing and lead vocals (1988); lead vocals, acoustic guitar, percussion, harmonica (1988–1997, 2001–present)
- Scott “Scotty” Johnson – lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals (1992–1997, 2001–present)
- Scott Hessel – drums, percussion (2012–present)
To learn all the band is up to please see the official website at http://www.ginblossoms.net